Our workshop provides the following services:
- Book conservation/restoration - rebacking, leather/cloth/paper repairs, gold and blind tooling, re-sewing
- Book binding including photo and scrap books albums - full leather (calf, pig or goat's skin), half or quarter leather, marbled paper and/or cloth
- Archive, document and print conservation - washing, de-acidification, re-sizing, paper repair and infilling
- Housing of fragile documents and precious books in bespoke boxes - large choice of acid free covering material
- Restoration of leather artefacts - treatment of deteriorating leather, gilding, decorative hand tooling and embossing
- Free estimate/consultation and conservation advice
"Here, each book is lovingly given a new lease of life, treated sympathetically using traditional materials and techniques"